River Stone Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Stone Heights is a lovley city an the coast of england. it has vast rolling hills and a beautiful coast line with clear waters and smooth sand.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How This Website is Going to Work!!!

Go down 
+2
MSA is a CC
cab53
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cab53
Admin
cab53

How This Website is Going to Work!!! Empty
PostSubject: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Ok, so here is the overview of how I think eveything on the website is going to work, since it all is kind of confusing right now. I know it's a bit more complicated than our previous websites, but I think it is going to be REALLY FUN!!!!!!

Timing

-One week real time is the same as one month on the website.

-In the subject for a post, put just the month and the time of day, since we aren't keeping track of specific days.

Aging

-Since it is kind of un-realistic to have a character age only one year every 12 months, or 12 weeks real time, I was thinking that every four months (four weeks real time) your characters age a year.

-To age your character, you just go onto their profile and change the age.

Money System

-We are using the american dollars, so things would be priced the same as they would be in real life.

-Eveyone starts out with $50,000

-Every time you spend money, you should post how much money you spent in your "bank acount." Just edit the post instead of replying. Then, every Sunday, Courtney will send you a bill with how much money you need to take away from your chracter, or how much you need to add (like, for your character's job and stuff). You then just go on and edit how much money your character now has. This sounds more complicated then it really is; I will put up an example.

-I will charge you a generic weekly price of $100 for weekly groceries.

-I will also charge you rent for you apartment or condo.

Housing

-If you have an apartment, then the fee will come in your bill.

-No morgage loans on houses: WAAAAAAAAAY TOO COMPLICATED!

Bussiness/ Jobs

-You sign up for jobs by replying to the post.

-Your character can have up to three jobs, but you have to post an event at your character's job at least three times a month (a week real time) for each job.

-Your character is paid for their job when the bill comes.

-If you want your character to have a job that is not listed there, post a new topic under the job offers forum requesting the job you want and then I will post the job and how much the salary is.

People

-You start off with one person only.

-This person can interact with as many different people as you want them to, meaning that they can talk to them, but you can't roleplay the person when they aren't with your character. So basically, you can say only what you character knows.

-You do not create the people your character interacts with under the character forum, until they are married to the person.

Families and Kids

-Once you marry someone, you can then fully roleplay them and put their profile under the characters topic.

-If you get divorced, then you lose control over them though.

-There is a population law of at least five children per household! (:

-To have kids, you know, do the scene but don't be too descriptive! PLEASE!

-The pregnancy would only last three months, or three weeks of real time.

-When the child is born, I will post it under the hopital, and then you can create the kid's profile under the people forum!

-I'll put what the kid looks like and their gender, and I will base it off both of their parent's appearences.

-You can ask for requests on what the kid looks like though!

Pets and Animals

-You can have up to five pets per person.

-So once you get married, your couple can have a total of ten.

I hope this all makes sense to you guys! I know it sounds really complicated, but I think in the end it will be really fun! If you have questions or comments, just reply!

Oh! By the way, if some of the forums I mentioned in her aren't up yet, I'm working on it!

Last edited by cab53 on Fri May 01, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://riverstoneheights.forumotion.net
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

Location : at home...watching phantom of the opera over and over again, and crying each and everytime

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:29 pm

I still don't like it very much...there's no roleplaying involved! It's all controlled!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:36 pm

What? No roleplaying? There's TONS of roleplaying! The only controlled things are money and you have to post for a job. Otherwise, your free! Do what you want! Go shopping! You know, this is way more like a real roleplaying site than our others. And it's actually more free! You can control basically anyone under the sun, you just can't read their minds. I love it! I don't understand what you mean by "no roleplaying". You roleplay just the same as before...it's no different.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartsschool.forum-motion.com
nevile luver 101

nevile luver 101

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:37 pm

i miss athena...oy
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:38 pm

it is kinda uptight but i meen you will roleplay. i just need to get the web site all set up. if you still don't like it in the end then we can go back to hogwarts if you want. but i think we can start the role playing soon. just get your caractor a job and house and then i think it will seem more fun!
Back to top Go down
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

Location : at home...watching phantom of the opera over and over again, and crying each and everytime

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:38 pm

ME TOO!! How come we couldn't just make anouther Athena?
Back to top Go down
nevile luver 101

nevile luver 101

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:40 pm

yeah...i dont like this!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Guys, we aren't going back to hogwarts, I'm sorry. I am admin, and I think I'm going to delete it. I am also not going to make an athena. If someone else wants to make one they can, but it is incredibly complicated. You have to use all the tabs and HTML coding if you want it to be any good. So you can make one if you want, but I'm sticking with this one.
Back to top Go down
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:42 pm

well I still don't like it, and none of you guys asked us what WE wanted! I don't think that's fair!
Back to top Go down
nevile luver 101

nevile luver 101

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Yeah, i dont mean to be whinny but this sunds TOO real and kinda boring im gonna try and make a website now...brb
Back to top Go down
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Cool!! if it doesn't work, then I'll try too...
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:47 pm

CAN EVERYONE CALM DOWN FOR A MINUTE!

1. Courtney probably feels really bad right now. Can you imagine if you made a website and everyone was tearing it down?

2. We are just trying it out. Can you at least do that?

3. I am not going back to Hogwarts, or really any other website, I'm sorry. I love roleplaying, but I was bored with all the fantasy stuff. This one is new and different.

4. If you make a website, I'll look at it, but I am not helping. (and no, I'm not saying you will necessarily need my help, just please don't ask for it. Everyone seems to be mad at me when I am just trying to be helpful.)

5. I don't like all this arguing. We're friends, right? Can we please just be polite?
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:49 pm

ok guys you all can try! i meen i really liked hogwart! the real reason i made this website was because i wanted to be theadmin and NOT have consequenses! and now sarah is kinda taking control again....and nobody likes the website so if we want another atena i know how to make one if we want REALLY want to! it will just be a huge pain! i still think you guys should give this a try!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Ughh. Ok I am fed up with this. Everyone is mad at me, and I'm sick of reading bad things about me and about this website. if the only reason you made this was to be admin courtney, that really is not a good reason. You should make a website because you have a good idea. Wanting power is not good, and consequences are kind of necessary. Maybe we're all just not meant for roleplaying. And doesn't everyone realize I was just trying to help? I'm on the verge of tears, and I'm sick of this. We are all horrible when we're online together, lets face it. In real life we're fine, but on the computer, I am the controller, courtney wants no rules, jessica is a fabulous writer but is very picky, rebecca wants no rules too, and katrina and kate just try to get along with everyone. It's not a good mix. Making websites is hard, and I feel like we should all be happier for courtney in her success. I'm sorry about trying to be the admin, but it's the way I am. If things don't go right, I want to fix them. Maybe I'm an awful person, but I can't help it. Whatever, do what you all want, I won't butt in. Create websites, go back to hogwarts without an admin, whatever, but I don't really want to help. I'll just follow along and be quiet and not give any suggestions, if thats what you want...sorry about the rant, I just had to get my feelings out there some how. Don't be mad at me for this please, I'm just really really really upset right not ok? Just ignore this if you want.
Back to top Go down
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Oh courtney! Don't say that about Sarah! She isn't THAT bad! I just don't like this website! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST SARAH!! She's great!!
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:03 pm

at first that was the reason i WAS fed up with the consequenses but then i got really excited about my idea! and go read my post under rules! i said i didn't mind most of your help and i thanked you for supporting me!
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:04 pm

what did i say about sarah!!! i lLIKED her ideas and i THANKED her!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:04 pm

thanks courtney (:
I'm just really sad...I was exited about this, but I acted stupid. I wish everyone liked it.
Back to top Go down
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Sarah, you just made me feel REALLY bad!! I am VERY VERY VERY sorry we made you cry!!!
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:07 pm

yeah....
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:09 pm

No, don't feel bad, please. I didn't mean it like that, I'm just like, depressed right now. I had to get my feeling out, and that was the only way I thought I could. I'm still sad, but don't feel bad. It just makes me feel worse (:
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:09 pm

sorry that post was suppost to be up before jesses... i didn't meen it to be like that!!! but i do care that we made you cry!!! it looked like i din't care when i put the dots.
Back to top Go down
MSA is a CC

MSA is a CC

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:11 pm

nevermind....I am leaving, since NO ONE cares that I feel VERY bad if I hurt anyones feelings! Your all just worried about yourselves!! PLEASE chat!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah Everwood

Sarah Everwood

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:12 pm

i knew what you meant (: It's ok.
Back to top Go down
cab53
Admin
cab53

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:14 pm

OMG!! jessica! we DO care about what you feel!!! this is all so ANNOYING!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How This Website is Going to Work!!!   How This Website is Going to Work!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How This Website is Going to Work!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next